Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer in Michigan!


Please come up on my front porch and sit awhile if you so desire.

I love decorating outside just as much as I do inside so it spills out onto my front porch every year.


This year I wanted to add a bit of blue/teal to my decor without it being totally blue and I think I pulled
 it off.  What do you think?


I love vintage plant stands and have had several over the years. This is one that I hung onto
and I use it ever year. The flowers in my urns are just coming back after a nasty run in
with a raccoon! 


I always add impatiens to my porch in either pink or white. They are very easy to grow and this
gal LOVES easy. 


Front porch view from my yard. I am wanting to do something to the floor. We have lived here for over
 33 years and it has stayed pretty much the same. I either want to put a wood floor over the cement or get a
 nice big sea grass rug. I also want hubby to enlarge the porch posts and put some decorative angled trim
around the top and maybe the bottom. Hopefully we can get that done this summer.


One of our kitties are always photo bombing! lol


This is reality living in the country. I got up one morning to this mess! I never did get the large
terra cotta planter replanted. The plant was broken off with no roots left. ugh!


Doesn't this look like a fun clean up?  At least all these still had the roots attached so I could replant them.

As I said earlier, the flowers in the urns are finally coming along nicely. I hope we don't have any more
run ins with raccoon's. Hubby caught one so hopefully that is the only one around. ha!

The plants growing in front of the cement are tall white phlox, but they don't bloom until late June or July.
I love their fragrance. Also, the plant growing on the arbor is a Sweet Autumn Clematis. LOVE IT!
It has gorgeous white flowers in the fall.



This is also another flower I purchase every year and they are getting harder to find. I don't
understand it and neither do the growers because an IVY GERANIUM is the easiest flower
to grow! Makes no sense. 







 For the past several years I have had a tall white wicker table
in this space, but I wanted to mix it up this year. First I had this bookcase sitting the "tall" way and I
just didn't like it. I turned it on it's side and loved it. I want to put numbers above the openings, but
haven't gotten that done yet. I can change out the decor in the cubby holes anytime I want.

I hope you enjoyed your tour of our humble abode. I love living in the country...in Michigan...
in the Summer...without the raccoons!! :)

9 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your porch is so charming Sandi. Sorry about the mess. What a pain.

Irene said...

Very pleasant visit.

Junkchiccottage said...

Sandi,
Oh just so sweet and charming. Everything is so pretty.
Kris

Jeanie said...

It's so inviting, Sandy! Your flowers are beautiful and I love the crisp, summery look! I'd say tea in your garden on your porch would be a treat!

Julie Marie said...

Just beautiful Sandi!... I love the blues you have added... xoxo... Julie Marie PS I hope hubby just transported the racoon somewhere else!...

sandy said...

Your porch is so lovely and inviting! I'd love to linger there and enjoy all your beautiful flowers.

Heaven's Walk said...

What a sweet, welcoming porch, Sandi! I love the mix of colors and textures. I think a pretty rug with dark teal in it would be perfect for your porch. :) What is that pretty pink bush on the left? Does it bloom all summer? It's so lush and full! Yes, I had trouble finding ivy geraniums this year too. What's up with that? lol

xoxo laurie

Lady Pamela said...

Yes, Sandi. I'll come and sit on your lovely porch any day. There are so many beautiful things there I like. And you are very talented at setting them up for display. So nice to see the wee bit of colour (even though my favorite colour is still white) Thanks so much for sharing.
*Smiles*

Ivy and Elephants said...

There's nothing more inviting than a country porch in the summertime!
Yours is SOOOO charming! Bring on the iced tea!
Hugs,
Patti