Tuesday, February 3, 2015

In between holidays

I haven't put away all my winter decor yet and here it is almost Valentines Day!


I have a red glitter LOVE banner {Wendy Addison} that looks exactly like
the one pictured on the card above, but I haven't dug it out yet.

I tend to forget where I put things and then it takes me awhile to find them.
Anyone else do that? I fear it is getting worse the older I get.

 I vow to be more organized someday.
 




I told you...mixing Christmas with Valentines. HA!

I really ought to take the greenery and pine-cones down today.
 I love the very old little glass bell that is on this piece of ironstone.

Did I ever tell you that I got this piece of ironstone on the RTE 127 sales last year for

ONE DOLLAR?

It was in a box along with other old bottles and it was the find of the day.

Dirty and sad looking, but I cleaned her up. No chips, but some crazing and a little
discoloring. Kinda like me..lol



This is a piece that I picked up at the Goodwill for another dollar.

I used to find a lot of goodies at that store, but now not so much.
 It is a GOOD DAY when I hit the jackpot though.


These little butter pats were also found on the RTE 127 sale for $1.00 each.

They had a huge bin of them. I have since thought that I should have bought more.

{Hmm... ONE DOLLAR seems to be the going rate on this post}


I found the four bowls underneath the one on top at the Goodwill and they are ironstone as well.

I think they were 50 cents each, but we will say 2/$1.00. *SMILE*


Another little piece of LOVE that I have added to my decor. 


I won't tell you what I paid for this pitcher, but it was the same price as other items
in this post...*wink*wink*


Well, this post started out about holidays and somehow it ended up telling you about all my
dollar treasures.  That is what happens to me a lot. I start one thing and find several other
along the way that get me sooo distracted. It is a fun distraction though so I will embrace it.

How about you? Do you decorate for Valentines Day? Have you started?

I would love to hear about it.

Blessings~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you've mixed Xmas/winter with valentines day. All of your vignettes are so sweet! I have JUST started decorating today as a matter of fact. I love valentines day!

julie - eab designs said...

I think I need to tag along when you go shopping! Especially love the little butter dishes. Just got back from vacation so I haven't decorated for Valentine's Day but my sister gave me the most adorable Valentine's figurine. Hope to share it on an upcoming blog post.

Jeanie said...

Don't feel alone about the Christmas/Valentine's mixing -- I still have a bit of both!

Thanks so very much for visiting The Marmelade Gypsy. I so loved your comment and I hope you will come back! Your blog is beautiful and I'm glad I found it!

~jeanie

Sue Kosec said...

Nope - I see nothing wrong with combining Christmas with Valentine's Day. Especially when YOU do it ... always perfection in your home.

Keep combining!
SuZeQ

Lady Pamela said...

Love all your ironstone. Especially the butter pats. Too bad you didn't pick up more. You could have sold them to me on Etsy. Maybe next time? Your collection is really growing. I am just getting started on mine.
Happy Hearts Day, dear friend.
*Smiles*

Donna said...

Love all of your inexpensive treasures. Wish I could find things like that around here! I put out a bowl of the fabric hearts I made a couple of years ago. That's the extent of my decorating for the holiday.