Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hearts of love


 A woman knows the face of the man she loves
 as a sailor knows the open sea.


-Honore de Balzac



I have found the one whom my soul loves. 

Song of Solomon 3: 4


That special day of love is coming and it will be here before we know it.
You know the one I am talking about.

Valentines Day

A  special day set aside to shower love on the ones that are special to us and
the ones that we are so thankful for. 



Just a few vignettes around my home today to share with you the
love that I feel in my heart.

Are you decorating for that special day yet? I have incorporated touches of
  red and white
 in my decor this year which is shocking for me, but I love it.

Trying to get out of this blah mood that old man winter just keeps stuffing
down our throat. So sick and tired of snow...I mean SICK and TIRED!
We have another storm or two headed our way this weekend and next
week...when will it ever end?? I know it will, but right now it just doesn't
 seem like it.  I did tell hubby the other day that before we know it we will
be complaining about how hot it is.

Add to that a nationwide shortage of propane and that is not fun.
Thankfully we prepaid our gas last summer for this winter at
 1.45 a gallon.
It is now over $5 a gallon at some suppliers around here. UGH!
Praying we can squeak by with our latest fill up.

What are you up to? Are you tired of winter? Are you decorating
to keep a spring in your step? See how I did that? "SPRING"...
lol. Can't wait!!

Just a little fyi: The white hearts in the photos above were GOLD Christmas
ornaments that I purchased at Walmart after Christmas at 75% off and
I gave them the white treatment. Went back to get more and they were gone,
but I do love how these turned out.

Blessings~

9 comments:

Irene said...

I'm not decorating, it's just too much effort. It has been a cold one here too. Love your hearts.

Julie Marie said...

Oh Sandi... I love your beautiful hearts!... and like you, I am SICK of winter and cold!!!... I also love that you are adding some red to your decor... my kitchen is red and white, and it just seems so cheery to me... my farmhouse kitchen is probably my favorite room in our house... hope Spring get here for us soon!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Junkchiccottage said...

Sandi,
Love your valentine post. Love those cute hearts that you made out of gold ornaments. Tooo cute.
Kris

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a great idea for the ornaments, I love them!
My house is such a mess between painting the walls and getting ready for the white show!
Maybe I should treat myself to some tulips and break out some hearts!

June said...

I love the hearts you have been making Sandi...and speaking of love...the pillows in your previous post are beautiful! I love what you do when you are avoiding the snow all over the place where you live. Can you believe that we don't have any? None, nada. Usually we have at least 2 to 3 feet by now. The ski mountain has been making it this year. It's so weird that even the south has more than us.
I'm so glad you prepaid your propane and I will pray that it lasts longer than normal!
sending hugs...

Betty said...

Love your white hearts. I have have started alittle redecorating some to the rooms and even started early spring cleaning. I heard about the propane and wow the price did jump up.

Kathy said...

How clever to paint those hearts. Others must have had the same idea if they were all gone.

I really have to get myself motivated for the Valentine's decorations. It will be over and I will never have gotten my things out!

Lady Pamela said...

Finally, white themed Valentine decor. I just love it. I can't really decorate this Feb. We are getting new flooring and a paint job in our living room/dining room. Just started putting 2 boxes of nic nacs away. I did not realize how much I had out. Time for a downsize.
Love your hearts.
*Hugs*

Donna said...

Those are such lovely decorative touches! I am keeping busy with indoor chores and tasks, so the cold months are zipping by fast. I see daffodil blades starting to come out of the ground, so I know that spring isn't too far off.