Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kitchen decor redo

I have wanted to change up the decor in my kitchen for awhile now and finally accomplished
that today.  I didn't purchase one thing, but rather went shopping throughout my home and
 I thought it turned out great. Something different and fun.   I made hubby a coffee station
which I also turned into a tea station for me! :)

{I was inspired to hang the clocks on the window from Tracey's  blog over at
French Larkspur...and also the 3 tiered metal stand. I am in no way an expert
like she is, but I like to play anyway. lol}

If you remember I used this chalkboard at my Fairy Party this summer.
The coffee pods are in the hanging basket which I JUST realized says
FLEURS!! How funny is that!! Maybe I should turn the basket
around. HA!

Crowns are always in style. Funny story here...I decided I wanted my crown gray so
I spray painted it, totally forgetting that it had rhinestones on it {fake}. I thought
I would clean them off , but never did. Oh well...:)

These cutie pie chocolate eggs were found in the cupboard from Easter. They had not
even been opened yet. I can't believe that! Ferrero hazlenut...yumm!!

Still in love with my french style totes and use them a lot!

Would you like to come for coffee...or tea? :)

Some of my pretty vintage spoons ready to use.

My painted table and mismatched chairs. I still want either a rectangle table or a chippy
white island...someday.

Hmm...I am NOT good at noticing things in photos until I actually post them.
 There isn't anything in my cloche on the table! A few days ago it was full of
blueberry scones! Someone in this house must have liked them, but we won't
say who! Maybe two someones...???

Clock face and linens...what can be better?

Pretty vintage plates with tiny aqua roses on them perfect for a treat with coffee or tea.

I love this candle-holder above, but most of the time it sets on the floor as it is
very large. {That little tiny piece of bittersweet is NOT supposed to be up there
on that shelf. ha! Another oops! Looks kind of silly all by itself }

What you can't see is that I have made a mess of my border up at the ceiling. I don't even
want border, but until we remodel this kitchen {hopefully in a year or two} it is what it
is so I got the brilliant idea to paint it.  I did three layers of paint in different colors and
then appliqued a fleur-de-lis on with drywall mud. LOVE the concept and it turned out
okay, but the color is NOT right at all. Haven't figured out what to do yet. At this point
I have tried three different things and UGH!

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at redoing my kitchen decor.
Happy Thursday!!

17 comments:

Susie said...

Love your redo Sandi. The little chalk board is a hit with me. Smiles, Susie

stefanie said...

just gorgeous!!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love your kitchen area! I love the round table with mismatched chairs. I love those hanging clock faces. I want clock faces :)! also the coffee/tea area is so inviting. Love it all!

Bente said...

Your coffee/tea place are just lovely.

Shabby soul said...

Love how you did everything!
Especially the empty frame with all the clockfaces is a stunning decorationg idea!!
Thank you for share
Silvia

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful corner in your kitchen...love everything!

xoxo
Kathleen

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a charming kitchen corner Sandi! I love that you outfitted it by just shopping your own home. I would LOVE to come for coffee or tea here. :) It looks much like the kitchens in JDL.
Those scones must have been good!

Donna said...

What a lovely spot! I want to come and have some tea with you now, LOL!

Unknown said...

your kitchen??? this looks like a heavenly boutique that i would stop & shop in forever! wow..adore all lovley the details! tres, tres beau!!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Sigh, I wish our kitchen would look like that. It's so beautiful, Sandi! I love your decoration.
Happy weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Heaven's Walk said...

So pretty, Sandi! Your vignettes are truly magazine worthy! I think that bit of bittersweet adds just the right amount of autumnal color on that shelf. Love it all!

xoxo laurie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...it looks wonderful!!!
I love that little white pitcher!
You did a great job!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

LET ME SEE, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS VISIT. THE BEAUTIFUL FALL PICS AT THE TOP.
THE WINDOW WITH THE CLOCKS, THE CLOCKS, THE WINDOW SHELF, THE TABLE AND CHAIRS, JUST EVERYTHING.

COME VISIT!
CINDY@STITCHES

Lady Pamela said...

So, you are a TEA gal? I am all coffee myself. I want to make a coffee corner, too. Looking for a 3tiered piece like I saw in Pottery Barn. Still on the hunt.
*Hugs*

Nostalgia said...

I simply adore it!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi, I just love your decorating. What color paint did you use for the brick? I have stone in my family room I want to paint but didn't want to use a really white white and yours looks so soft.

Thank you, Lynne

Unknown said...

Oh I wish to have a kitchen like that. I'll start to save money for my future kitchen decoration.