Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summers last hurrah!

I haven't had time to do much of anything  but take some photos so I thought I would share
some more of my flowers with you.  The allysum above in my galvanized tub was all but gone
 in the awful summer heat, but I kept it in the container anyway and when the rain started
falling did these flowers ever put on a show!! It has flowered abundantly and I am
in L.O.V.E!!  I also love the hops that are in the same container!! They do so well for me!

My geraniums literally had ZERO flowers on them once the heat wave hit, but again
I just hung in there and they are coming back more beautiful than ever. 

Isn't she a beauty??

Geraniums sitting on my chippy white chair

Another view of the galvanized tub overflowing with hops and allysum. There is also a couple
geranium plants in the middle , but you can't even see them for the other flowers. :)

Still loving my white wicker cone 

I do hope you all are doing great! I haven't had much time to visit, but hopefully that can
change soon.  My mom is doing pretty good and actually visited today to lay on our bed
and try out our mattress.  Then she went to town and bought the same brand. We have
had ours for several years so they didn't make the exact one, but we love it!  How in
the world did I ever get off onto the subject of mattresses? oh well...have a beautiful
week ahead!!!

11 comments:

Irene said...

Oh a good mattress is so important. Love your sunnyday plants.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Snadi, your last comment made me laugh..."on to mattresses". I'm glad your mom is feeling better.
Your flowers look gorgeous, mine have still not recovered from the heat, probably because we are still having the heat!

~Shanon

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Wow! I have never seen Allysum like that! It's beautiful in the galvanized tub. The geraniums in the wicker cone are lovely.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing good. That's great!
Your took beautiful pictures of your pretty flowers. I love your planters.
xoxo,
Julia

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I hate that we are seeing the last of our flowers for the year but I guess I have to get used to it. Your photography is beautiful!

Debra@CommonGround said...

maybe there's hope yet for some of my plants and bushes. the heat has just about done everything in. Love your gorgeous tub of flowers!Happy Sunday, Sandi

Bente said...

How beautiful. Love your flowers.

Shopgirl said...

I am so into the subject of mattresses since our bed is now in the back of our pickup truck going Wed to the dump. We have had a queen for years, but decided to go king. And your flowers are so pretty. We are at the end of our season. I am going to miss the colors. Have a great day, Hugs, mary

Julie Marie said...

Wow!... your flowers are just gorgeous Sandi!... mine have really pooped out in this heat... hope they perk up like yours did... also hope all is well with you, much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Lovin' your flower tubs!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Glad to hear good news about your Mom! My geraniums at the campground are doing wonderful this year too!