Monday, August 13, 2012

Re-purposing

I continue to re-purpose things that I already have laying around my home.  This vintage
spoon holder was originally made to hold those tiny spoons that you can pick up in
different states as collectibles, but I painted it white and added some of my regular size spoons.

I hung the spoons different ways, but the above photo is the way I liked them best. 

I have a *thing* for pretty vintage silver spoons...can you tell?

I also added a Tim Holtz enamel number in lieu of a vintage enamel number which
I do not have. :)

What have you re-purposed lately? Please do share it with me.
Happy Monday!!

10 comments:

Irene said...

How adorable. I love Tim Holtz.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I really like your old silver spoons. What a nice way to display them!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Oh I love repurposing! And I love the way you did it! Great job, hope you'll visit me too!

Ciao Bella
Sensible Sarah

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

These are beautiful spoons with such lovely detail. I love how you now display them. I had to laugh when you ask what have I repurposed...bottlecaps with kids. Not as elegant but surprisingly charming. I see some pretty things along your sidebar I have to check out! Blessings, Lisa

Amy Kinser said...

You repurpose beautifully! I love this idea.

Lady Pamela said...

Fabulous idea, Sandi. I just love it. I might even have to 'steal' it and make one of my own.
*Smiles*

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'm so pinning this...love it!

Heaven's Walk said...

Pretty, Sandi! I've heard that those old spoons can be worth alot of money! :)

xoxo laurie

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh, this spoon holder looks perfect in the white color and with your vintage pretty spoons. Fabulous! I love those Tim Holtz enamel numbers, too. :)

Olga Siedlecka said...

What a wonderful collection!