Friday, August 31, 2012

Playing in the potting shed

I have been busy lately playing in my potting shed so I thought I would give you
a few more peeks at what I am doing.

Do you remember this old white shelf that I purchased a few weeks ago? It ended up out here and I
think it is just right for my goodies.

I did add a bit of fake greenery before I got the bright idea {DUH!} to add real plants. :)

My flowers are still doing just wonderful despite the awful heat we had this summer.

I love this chippy green chair. I purchased FOUR of these chairs at an estate sale
years ago for 50 cents each! Everything was cheap at that sale and I was carrying
my baby granddaughter who was living with us at the time so that was about 11 or 12
 years ago. This is the ONLY green one I have left. I have two more that I let set outside
and they lost all of their paint and I sold one in my booth {dumb thing to do I know!}
I am hanging onto this one!

I love real bird nests and this one is a beauty.

Still trying to figure out if this is too much shelving , but it is what it is right now
so it is staying for awhile anyways.

Did you notice what I had hubby do?? This shed does not have interior walls except
on the back wall. It is something we have always intended to do , but just have not
gotten around to it. I was tired of waiting so a week or two ago I grabbed some paint
that we had sitting around and painted the top two thirds of the walls white.
I painted OSB board, I painted old beams...I painted, painted, painted!

Then I had hubby put the fence around the bottom part of the walls! I love how it
turned out, but once again the whole shed is not done, so you are seeing this one
wall! ha! We replaced a few sections of fence this year that were rotting and I
wanted it all to match so we took the above fence down also even though we had
just put it up a year or two ago. I do LOVE to recycle!!
More fake greenery in this cast iron wall vase.

I realized I should have added some gardening gloves and clippers or scissors , but I had already
spent too long taking photos so I opted not to redo it. I don't know how photographers do it!!
It must take them DAYS to do some photo shoots.

I have lots of goodies so I have pottery and all kinds of treasures sitting around in here.

Still lovin' my burlap potting bench skirt. See the slats in the top of my bench?
When hubby made the bench he added a pull out plastic tub underneath the slats so
that after I pot my plants, I can just grab a whisk broom and brush all the soil
 down the holes and right into the tub. Then take it out and dump it and wa-la all
nice and clean! :)

My favorite chair again with my pretty pink impatiens.

Loving my little *GROW* knife that I made last year.

A little nest that I spray painted white. That ends the tour for now. I know it isn't the most perfect
shed in the world , but it is mine and I love it. I decided whatever I did to fix it up this year I was
NOT going to spend any money doing it and I am happy how it turned out. Now on to the other
walls...oh goodness. Woman's work is never done...:)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

such a sweet garden haven you created there sandi. LOVE all the petite tresors throughout. hope you enjoy the holiday w-end! ;0

stefanie said...

oh!!!!! I am in LOVE!!!!!

Tricia said...

What a pretty space you've created for yourself. I'd love to have a spot like that! That green chair is wonderful. What a bargain that was. Hope you have a nice weekend :)

Donna said...

I adore your potting shed! Such beautiful touches! I should have painted the interior of our old garden shed. Why didn't I think of that? Oh well, too late now because it belongs to someone else!

Susie said...

Sandi, I love the potting shed and all your photos. I will have me a potting shed next year...can't wait. Smiles, xo, Susie

Heaven's Walk said...

THAT is THE perfect potting shed, Sandi! I love how cozy it looks and you've decorated it so sweetly! Great job!! :)

xoxo laurie

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Heaven on earth ......simple and lovely!!! Xoxo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, Your potting shed is wonderful. You did a great job decorating it and I love that you put that fence in.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks just perfect to me Sandi!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Gail @ Victorian at Heart said...

What a great potting shed? It makes you want to work in the garden even though you don't want to get your fingernails dirty.lol Love it all! Thanks for sharing.

Tami said...

My kind of room, lots of plants and nests! Love it!

Bohemian said...

Your Potting Shed is so Gorgeous that I could Play in there for Hours and Hours... *Winks* I'd probably want to move right in, in fact!!! *Smiles* And yes, I agree, Woman's Work is NEVER done!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, such a darling space! I love every single thing. What a haven you have here!

Lady Pamela said...

Thank you for the tour, Sandi. I really love how the fencing turned out. And the idea for cleaning up the potting soil into a tub. I really need to tidy up my bench. (probably won't happen lol)
*Hugs*

{oc cottage} said...

what a gorgeous place to putter! ;}

m ^..^

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Love everything about it! Looks great Sandi!!

Amy Kinser said...

I love your shed and would so love to have something like this of my own to play in. Such a great place to "hide".