Friday, August 12, 2011

Got chalk?

I have wanted to make a chalkboard for a long time and I finally got around to doing it. I found the perfect antique frame at a garage sale for $2.00. It used to be an ugly gold and I painted it white. Imagine that! :)

                    I don't know for sure where I will use it, but had to make a pretty display for you!

                                                             I love the carved detail on it!

                                                                                     

                                                      still lovin' my Peacock Park goodies

                                                                            

I am bummed because a few weeks ago I saw a wooden box full of vintage chalk for $7 at the antique mall and when I went back to get it this past week it was gone.  I guess you snooze...you lose or in this case I lose.  I thought it would be perfect sitting underneath my chalkboard.

I love how it turned out and I have had some offers on facebook already to sell it, but I am keeping this one. I hope I can find some more old frames to do this with. Easy as eating pie!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! I have to do this. Awesome, my friend.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Anonymous said...

Sandi, You amaze me. I love that chalkboard. Too cute. Smiles,Susie

Seawashed said...

It's so pretty. I like your France bucket too and I am guessing you made that as well. Now I am going to go visit your etsy and add you to my favorites! ox

Unknown said...

lol!! as easy as eating pie!!!

* which is my choice this year for my birthday cake...er...ah...well ~ what i mean to say: individual mini sour cherry, lattice top, birthday pie, complete with an almond icing edge ruffle:)

* no countless birthday candles required

* i like extra large sparklers instead ~ the two footer ones!!

* what can i say?? i was born to sparkle...but not in a creepy, vampire way, i love the sunshine:)

* keep your fingers outta my pie, cotton!!

~ and ~
* if you don't stop taunting the peacock park pretty stuffs, i'm going to cut you off...as in, stop reading you!!

* hahahahoheeeha!!!!

* as if that's going to happen...then where would i be??

* left out in the cold with no daily inspiration is where...

* i rescind that "stop following you" remark

* i claim i was just awe stricken with your fabulous chalkboard...LOVE your chalkboad, even without the vintage chalk

* i'll give ya double what that facebook lady was offerin'

* did you know you can make your very own chalk??in any color/size/shape??!!

alright, enought rosey love...

ozma out!!!

xoxo

Irene said...

great transformation.

Tami said...

Beautiful Sandi!! Loving the little bird wire cloche, adorable!!

Hugs,
Tami
@ A Girls Gotta Nest

June said...

First of all Sandi, the pictures you took of your darling little grand baby are awesome.

I love your chalkboard too!!!
sending hugs...

Tricia said...

Well, how pretty is that! Such a great price too. It sure looks good with all your other treasures :)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love your chalkboard!! The frame is awesomeness!!

time worn interiors said...

I love your chalk board! I make them to sell all the time but never keep one for myself! I think that's about to change. Painting my kitchen and sun room over the next two days! Some changes are coming in there!
tot

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so pretty Sandi ~ similar detail to the one in my kitchen!

Junk to Gems said...

This turned out so pretty I love it!!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I have to catch up after having computer problems for a while. Your chalkboard turned out fantastic, Sandi! What a great deal you made on the frame. I still love your Peacock treasures too and always drool over your metal and other finds.
Hugs,
Julia

Lady Pamela said...

Wonderful project, Sandi. Looks great with your French accessories. I can see a change in your decor evolving. I suppose our homes are always a work in progress,aren't they. That is what makes them art.

aimee said...

love it! did you use paint on chalk board or spray?
blessings,
aimee