Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cloche {of sorts}, ivy...and a question

I am still tweaking my back deck and have added
a few more goodies to it. I have had this basket for
several years and the big box store had a special
buy on ivy plants for $1.58 this week so I grabbed
several. I need to plant them yet, but for now I
thought they looked cute in the basket.

I don't know what this piece is called, but for lack
of a better word I will call it a cloche. How easy
would these be to make! I know we could whip
some of them up fast. It is just two pieces of glass
framed out and the ends are open. Love it!

Find some old white chippy wood and make
a few...I know I want to!

Still loving my vintage stand on rollers that
I purchased at a garage sale last year.

I made use of my antique shutter by adding it to this small table.

More ivy on my patio table.

I brought the old plant stand out and added burlap
to the table.

It is getting done slowly , but surely. Yesterday and
today we have been deluged with rain so I have
been inside playing. Hopefully the sun will return
soon!

Now I have a question...for those of you who
print on fabric for pillows etc. HOW do you do it
and have it turn out nice? I am lucky to get
50% of mine that look decent. Mine come out of the
printer with black smudges here and there and they
are not pretty. I am using a HP psc 1210 xi all in one printer, scanner , copier.

I have tried the freezer paper method and also
just tried spray adhesive on cardstock and then
adhering it to the fabric and sending it through
with the same sad results. :(
Help please?? :)
Thank you!!

10 comments:

Victoria said...

Ohhhh how I love your chippy white plant stand!!! So gorgeous!

I can't help with your question, I had to reach out for some advice myself today also! I'm sure some crafty blogger will know:)

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... love all of your pretty ivy, baskets, planters, etc... I would probably call that cute little thing an atrium... whatever it's called, I love it!... Hope you are enjoying your weekend... xoxo Julie Marie

Lady Farmer said...

Hi Sandi~
Your plants and cloche are sweet! Your deck is looking great ~ I would love to come have some tea with you there! Will you show me how you and your hubby made the little glass house that you h ave next to your little garden seat? ;~P
I use the freezer paper method of printing on fabric and it always turns out great ~ no smudges. My printer is an hp deskjet F4235 all in one. I do cringe everytime I run some through though, praying it won't jam in there! So far everything has been fine. I wonder if it is the printer or the fabric?
Wish I could help! Hope someone else has an answer for you.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Love all your beautiful creations for your porches etc!! Ah ha.... More ideas yet again for me inspired by Sandi!! LOL!!
About the printing.... My daughter did some several years ago & I remember she used some fabric made just for that. She got it in a packet at something like Staples or at least an office supply store. I never did it myself...sorry...good luck!!
Have a great whatever is left of the weekend!!
Marilyn

Irene said...

Can't help you on this one. Although I've taken several classes with this method or that, I have not been successful. No freakin idea what I'm doing wrong. Love your back deck, mine is an ever changing thing. The weeds are doing fine.

Unknown said...

Sandi sweetie, your patio looks wonderful! Love all the details ...

Your atrium is awesome! Everything is so warm, inviting & comfy. You & June do know how to make white draw me in.

Hugs & love, Marydon

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, Your deck looks lovely! The antique shutter is a great deco piece and I love that cloche thing. It really shouldn't be hard to make those. If I find some wood, I would like to try it.

I usually use the freezer paper method and sometimes the fabric gets crumbled up a bit or gets stucked. In that cases I had black smearing too. Since I use strips of tape to fix the fabrics to the freezer paper around the edges, there wasn't anymore smearing and no paper/fabric jams. That doesn't mean that I'm always happy with the printing results of our HP. The colors are often way to yellowish and now I have green lines shown when I print out images. I've run the print head cleaning cycle a couple of times but it doesn't get any better. It's frustrating. Maybe we need a new printer.
Have a lovely week :-)!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks great Sandi! I have one of those white carts in my booth! Hmmm, now I am wondering if I should keep it!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love your sweet plants in the basket and that shutter propped behind is just awesome!

Did you hear I am hosting the Wedding Blog Party and Giveaway on June 10th? Come on over and read about it ~ I'd so love for you to join us!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Love that antique shutter! Love the plants too, but if they were on my porch, they'd be dead in a week - I'm terrible at watering. Hope you can get help with the fabric transfer- I've never done it, although I may try it sometime. Have a lovely day, Sandi!