Saturday, May 21, 2011

Can't help myself...

...from taking more pictures of my lilacs.

You need to realize that this is the most lilacs
I have ever had in one year so I just keep picking
them. Three small bushes, but they gave many
blooms this year. Must have been all the rain...
rain...rain. Did I mention that we have had a
lot of rain? lol

I stuck them here and stuck them there. Took regular shots, wide angle shots,
close-up shots...any way I could, but I still
always came back to using this chair.
I love it.

Lilacs and old lace...does it get any better than this? Last year I planted a white lilac bush and it produced one teeny tiny flower this year. Hoping for more next year.

I went around the lake today that is a hop and a jump away from our house and found a few goodies at some garage sales. Hopefully I can get photos taken of them to share with you soon. I am telling you the traffic was just crazy over there. Needed a traffic cop to direct. Many times you could barely squeeze your car through and there were lines of us waiting to move just a little bit. :)

It is a gorgeous day here in Michigan finally...no rain {there's that word again *smile*} But tomorrow is another day and with it brings more rain...or so they say.

Blessings~

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Seriously...I would do the same thing, their gorgeous. i hope you have an awesome weekend.

Smiles and Blessings,
Sheila

Carolyn said...

Your lilacs are beautiful! I can't wait for mine to bloom but it will be a couple of weeks yet.
We had lots of rain here too.

Carolyn

Annesphamily said...

Those lilacs are so pretty. I love them so much! Have a terrific weekend. Your blog is beautiful. Anne

Simply Jessabells said...

Wow, I only got maybe 2 or three lilacs blooms on my 2 trees. My neighbor down the road got town this year. I like the way you have them set up. Lilacs and lace, always a perfect combination.

Have a great weekend,

Jessica

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, I can very well understand that you can't get enough of those beautiful lilacs. They look really wonderful on that chair.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

*Swoon*

Your lilacs are gorgeous and I just love the photos on the chair!

I bought some last week and gave them their own photo shoot to to share this week!

Anonymous said...

I know you had fun taking all those lovely shots, Sandi! ♥

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Such pretty lilacs, Sandi! And they do look perfect on that chair with the lace. Our purple lilac bush finally bloomed fully this year. I think you're right about all that rain!
- susan

Dragonlady said...

I am so in love with all of your lilac photos. and I just have to ask, could I possibly copy one or 2 on this post to frame for my bathroom?
I promise that I would not do anything else with them...I am a follower but do not comment much, actually, I think I spend too much of my time reading blogs....I have abandoned my own blog...
my e-mail addy is;
bvdragonlady1@aol.com

hugs
Brenda

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Sandi...your lilacs are just breathtaking!!! I LOVE lilacs and you captured yours so beautifully!... xoxo Julie Marie

Custom Comforts said...

Sandy ~ your photos are stunning! I love lilacs. I was so busy with my open house and shop, I hardly had time to notice mine this year, but they did produce more than usual too. Like you said, must be all the rain. Raining again here as I write :(
Do you have any tips on keeping the lilac blooms perky after picking? I get so discouraged cutting the blooms to bring inside, when some of them go limp almost immediately and others do just fine. They seem so finicky.
Cindy

Lady Pamela said...

We had to move my Dwarf Lilac this year because my dad built my deck for me. I will have to wait until next year to see if it will flower again. It took 3 years to see the first flowers which were last years. Mind if I share yours?
*Big Hugs*

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... Are you busy in your yard trying to complete things... My outdoors space is a real challenge this year... Bah hum bug... I have quite buying any flowers and am calling it quits for this year... What I do have out is being shredded by the wind today... I just decided to say I give up and not place any more money into it....

Passionate for White said...

I don't blame you...they're beautiful!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

How very very pretty!! These pics definitely deserve to be in a magazine, girlfriend!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh my gosh, Sandi - these pictures are so gorgeous! Wouldn't they be great for a blog header?