Friday, April 29, 2011

Basket Makeover

When I saw Rosemary's post , I just had
to make a basket like hers for myself.

She told me where she purchased her basket
and I tried to find some , but to no avail.

However, I was very surprised to realize that I already had a basket like hers although darker in color so I immediately took the flowers out of it that originally came in it and started the transformation process.

Love how she turned out and this one is for me to keep.

I used antique red cross white gauze for the ribbon, a white ruffle off of a skirt that I purchased at the Goodwill some time ago and a parchment rose. I also added a paper embellishment to the front of it. I enjoyed making it and it didn't take long at all. Just a little paint, hot glue, one burnt finger and a few minutes later wa la it was done.

Happy weekend everyone! Blessings~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

...lol!!
YOU crack me up Sandi!!
I love how yours turned out too!
I did end up using lovely velvet violets on mine, and I can tell you, any beautiful flower looks fabulous on these little pocket baskets!!

now, about those lace wings...
wanna have a lace wing makin' party??

OH! what fun it would be:)
xo, Rosemary

Passionate for White said...

How pretty is that!?!

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

I love your "new" basket! The grey against the white make it look so weathered and old. Perfect!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

LOVE it!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Gorgeous! Aged to perfection!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Annesphamily said...

Love this basket! So sweet and I do not blame you for keeping it for your very own! Anne

Lady Pamela said...

Excellent job. Sorry about your finger though. Small price to pay for beauty. *smiles*
One more project for me to try. I am on the lookout for a basket now.