Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shipshewana Part 2 and another storm brewing!

Oh my...we are in for yet another storm tonight.
6-10 inches of snow again.
There are over 7,500 people in our county
still without power from the ice storm that
hit on Sunday evening.{including my brother's
family} Please old man winter...go away!!

Continuing on with our adventures in Shipshewana,
Indiana on Tuesday , this post is mostly inside the antique
mall called Trading Place.

I fell in love with this adorable pink airplane. price: over $1,100.
It is a vintage barber chair for kids to set in! Who knew!
I have never seen one of these cuties before. I am
betting that they didn't have to beg kids to get their
hair cut at whatever barber shop this was in.

buttons, laces , everything a gal could possibly want.

beautiful linens

goodies galore

love the wire baskets

pick a hat, any hat will do.

need some old kitchen utensils?

neat display of old bottles and boxes

loving this little laundry cart on wheels

wouldn't this horn be a neat display piece in the
right place

amazing huge cupola
taller than I am and such great chippiness.
I kept backing up to take the picture and ran right
into the wall. lol.

wonderful old doorknobs

on the way down we saw several of these beautiful
lights at a gas station that is now closed.
In fact you can see that this one is leaning
against the electrical wire.
I would love just one of them. :)

this is an interesting piece @ $65.
If it was mine the flowers would have had to go.

I think I need this sign and then I can change Buckeye Road
to Madison road. Suppose anyone would notice?

I purchased three of these white spindles for a
future project. why didn't I purchase the fourth
one you ask (and so did the clerk) ? I haven't a clue.
I told hubby I would leave it for someone else.

This place had two or three different gorgeous white
victorian stands and I loved them all, however at over
$300 each they did not come home with me. lol.

Beautiful old tin ceiling tiles in a chippy trunk.

Lots of pictures in this post, but I wanted you to get
a glimpse of the antique store.
I also picked up a bunch of old keys and some neat tags
that I will share later.

I really didn't purchase much, but I sure had fun taking
photos. I think I enjoyed that more than anything.
Especially all the horses and buggies.

Hubby went back to work yesterday. They had initially
called it off for yet another day, but they called back
Tuesday night after 9 pm and said the power is back on
and that he should come to work. They are way behind and
Saturday is mandatory. Oh the repercussions from these
amazing ice storms. :) Isn't it interesting that
the same storm that cancels work for many brings tons
of work for others? Happy Thursday!
Blessings~

8 comments:

Custom Comforts said...

So sorry Sandi that you're getting more snow. Bummer! I know how you feel ~ just sooooo ready for spring. Love your pics you shared. Looks like a great place to shop, I've heard of it, but never been there. What part of Indiana is it in?
Cindy

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, oooh how I would love to go there, I am just drooling over everything!... I would also LOVE to buy Jack that cute little airplane!... he used to fly full scale airplanes and helicopters for his job, and now builds and flies radio controlled ones... that would be so cute in his hobby room! (even PINK!)...also love all those fabulous kitchen utensils!!!... stay warm and safe in the storm and I will keep thinking happy thoughts of Spring for all of us!... xoxo Julie Marie

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a wonderful place, that little aeroplane is amazing!
Liz

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh Sandi... I hope it doesn't get as bad as the forecast... Gees... those couple days really made me antsy... that we had warmer weather only to have it disappear again.... Patience is not my best virtue... grrrrr....

Amanda Kaake said...

Everything looks so neat! I'm so glad you got to go.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh no! and ice storm? I hope that doesn't mean it's headed our way. Love these pics - I feel like I've been browsing an antique store today!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! We just got a dusting of Snow today but I hear you we lived in eastern Montana for 6 years and would get a ton of snow.I hear warmer weather is on it's way.I'm so ready myself~Cheers Kim

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Looks like a wonderful store, and I too love that victorian plant stand. Too bad the price was so high! I'm ready for winter to be over. Hope your brother's family gets power soon.