Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love and cupcakes

Happy Valentines day to all my friends in
blogland. Hubby and I celebrated today and it was
sure nice to get away.

First we had lunch at Olive Garden,
{I had five cheese marinara over fettucini, salad,
breadsticks and bruschetta. Yumm! I even had enough left
over to bring home for another meal...yes I am one of those
people who bring their leftovers home.lol.}

Later for dessert we went to Cake in a Cup
and purchased some of their delicious cupcakes.

Don't they look amazing??

Peanut butter chocolate

{chocolate cake frosted with fluffy peanut butter frosting and dipped in chopped reese's peanut butter cup candies}

Snickerdoodle {pink frosted}

{sweet and light in texture, this almond cake has a
cinnamon cream cheese filling and a fluffy meringue frosting}

Black bottom cupcake

{chocolate cake with a baked in chocolate-chip cheesecake
topping, a swirl of semi-sweet ganache, and a fresh raspberry
topper}

This photo is reality! I don't think I have ever
purchased cupcakes there and gotten them home
without something happening to them.

I was holding the box nicely on my lap and hubby said,

"the sun is shining on them and they are going to melt".

I didn't really think they would , but I moved the box to
the front of my legs out of the sun and guess what
happened next?? Yep...the box tipped over.

Many cupcakes went upside down and I was not
very happy because I had planned on taking pictures.
But we finally had a good laugh and his suggestion
was to tell everyone that our cupcakes can't seem to make
it home without fighting!! I thought that was pretty cute!
Sure looks like they were in a battle. lol.

I am very thankful to have a hubby that loves me.
Do we have a perfect marriage? Absolutely not...we have our good times and bad,
but I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China...
now chocolate...possibly! just kidding.
Blessings~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderfully sweet day with your hubby!! Love love love the cupcakes!!! Oh my goodness, they all look amazingly delicious!!! I bet the ones that got turned over tasted just as yummy!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Julie Marie said...

So sweet Sandi, and those cupcakes still look yummy to me!... Happy Valentines Day to you and your hubby!... xoxo Julie Marie

Irene said...

Your cupcakes look lovely and yummy. We celebrated married cuples day today. (couples) Tomorrow will be our eating cup cake day.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Those cupcake look too good :) I would have eaten them all by myself.
deb

Debra Howard said...

Oh yumm girl, those look delicious. A little chocolate definitely doesn't hurt. So glad you and the hubby got away. We are headed to San Antonio on Thursday! Very excited and glad to get a chance to get away. Ready to see some color!
Debbie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Sandi! I'm pretty sure I gained weight just looking at your yummy cupcakes! :0)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh my... you made me chuckle... Happy Valentines Day.. I love Olive Garden...

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Mmmm...those cupcakes look just heavenly!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your honey!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi sweet Sandi,
Happy St. Valentine's Day to you too!

Gosh, your lunch sounds good. I bring things home as well, it's almost as good the second time around to me.

The cupcakes look so gooey good. I would pick the one with almond flavor, sounds amazing.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Loving my hearts here you made, they are beautiful and your packaging is beautiful... as you saw, I took photos it was so, so pretty! Merci!
xoxo~Tracie

Unknown said...

Oh, yum! Olive Garden!! I want you to know you shouldn't have shared these cupcake with me ... there is already enough junk in my trunk! ... chuckle!

(Did I tell you I lost 17#, yeah! Well, you would to if you had to go thru all this stuff ...)

Happy Valentine's sweet friend ~
Hugs of love,
Marydon

Ellen said...

Ohhh, those cupcakes are sooo yummy looking!! What a sweet husband you have. I'm so glad that you had a nice date with your husband like that.

Happy Valentines Day,
xoxo,
Ellen

Donna said...

All you can do is laugh it off when a minor disaster happens like that! LOL. Happy Valentine's Day! And hand over the cupcakes and nobody will get hurt...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sandi,

It was lovely to discover your beautiful blog, via Jo.
Glad that you had a lovely day out.
Happy Valentines day.

Hugs
Carolyn

druidaccountforsale said...

What a perfect treat for hearts day! Who's heart would never be touched with that cupcakes. Black bottom cupcake stand out for me.