Monday, February 21, 2011

Icy wonderland

Looking out my back door (and front door) at the icy
wonderland that greeted us this morning.

Our poor trees. I hope the branches don't break.
I had stepped out on our front porch to take this
photo and I could hear branches snapping and
crashing down in the nearby woods.

Crazy weather here in Michigan for sure. Hubby drove
all the way to work on the horrible roads (20 miles one way)
only to find it had been cancelled because of downed
power lines. They called to tell him 5 minutes after he
left, but thank God he made it up there and back safely! Happy Monday! Blessings~

11 comments:

Unknown said...

it's all so beautiful to look at though isn't it?

Irene said...

It looks lovely, but let not walk today. We woke to just a lovely dusting on the ground. But tonight is another story...

Donna said...

Yikes! Ice storms are so scary! Thank goodness your husband got back home safely. I would have been too scared to step foot outside the door! Hope you power stays on today.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Wow winter is still around! Heard up north was getting it. Here in southern Iowa it is colder but no ice yet. Take care and be safe.

Crystal said...

The ice is beautiful to look at but, I'm so ready for spring!!!! I don't want any more ice or snow....stay warm!!!!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I think icicles are on my list of top ten favorite things. Silly huh? I just think they are beautiful! Very pretty photos :)

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh gosh... same looking scene here with the forecast of 3 to 5 inches of snow to come later... Not good....

Ellen said...

It is pretty and amazing to see everything covered in ice. I sure hope it's all gone by the time my Baby Girl has her baby in a few weeks. Do be careful and stay warm!

xoxo,
Ellen

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, your weather sounds as wacky as ours!... Glad your hubby got back home safely!... xoxo Julie Marie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Gorgeous ice storm pictures, Sandi! The ice always intrigues me. I'm kinda glad we are done with it here, tho!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Passionate for White said...

Good for you for knowing a great photo opp when you see one....they came out great!