Friday, February 25, 2011

Comfort Food

Penne with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce

2 tablespoons oil 1 clove garlic, minced 1 medium onion, chopped 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes, diced 1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried basil 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 cups Penne pasta (I think you could actually use 4 cups) 1/2 cup whipping cream Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta. Stir cream into sauce and heat through.

I realize this isn't the best picture ever , but wanted to
share it anyways. We love this and I hope you will too.
Add some french bread and a salad and you are good
to go.

I just might make some more comfort food today of
some sort. I think we barely missed getting dumped on
with inches of snow thank God! {or else I need to put my
glasses on before I look out the window} This county has
enough to deal with as many are still out of power and
have been since early Monday morning.

I got some grandbaby lovin' in last night and will
have to share photos soon. What sweeties they
are! Annika is the best big sister ever and Ainsley
is growing like a little weed! Blessings~

8 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Your. Comfort food looks so yummy I am craven it! We had lots of snow also. So will have to make with whAt I have on hand. Would sour cream work?

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, that looks like some really yummy comfort food!... I am going to make that today, I only need to go buy the pasta, have everything else!... thanks for sharing your recipe!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Sandi... that looks delicious! My family and I are huge pasta fans... yum!
Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Julie Marie said...

Hi again Sandi... came back to copy the recipe down... is it whipping cream or sour cream?... also, if it is whipping cream, do you just pour it in?... xoxo Julie Marie

Linda Breedlove said...

Yuuuummmmmm!!!! Looks good, Sandi. Yah, definitely need comfort... it's snowing like crazy here again and I'm suppose to host my future daughter-in-laws shower tomorrow. But the Lord knows... right!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

yumm....I am craving comfort food!

bikim said...

that looks delicious!!!!
enjoy your weekend!
Rosa

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds AMAZING!!! I seriously want to try this soon!!! Hmm maybe tomorrow...thanks for sharing the recipe!!! Love the grandbabies names....so sweet!!!