Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bouquet of Spring French love letters

She was told there is nothing like being in Paris in the Spring.
How true this came to be. She fell in love that spring,
he would leave her little post cards of love in her hotel mailbox.
Soon it was time to leave,
but she kept the memory of that spring fresh in her mind.
All the post cards tied up with ribbon
and the hotel room key inscribed with the numbers
that she would never forget

{copied from Vintage Market Place}

After reading the above description on an Etsy listing how
could I not purchase these neat remade book covers over
I scooped them up for a mere $5.
Six of them came tied together like this with the key and
vintage carved earring attached.

I stole the old bracelet on my travels this past week for
1.99. I really did purchase it, but it kinda felt like I stole it.:)

I was also thrilled to find a baggie full of old keys when
we were in Shipshewana...another $5.

I haven't even taken this stack apart, but I did peek in
enough to see that they all appear to be stamped alike.
Wouldn't they be great for displays?

I am constantly amazed at the items that my heart is
drawn to these days.
I used to be a *pink* gal through and through.
I still do like a touch of pink every now and then, but I
am definitely leaning more towards creams and neutrals. Who would have ever thought?? Blessings~

10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... you always find the best treasures!... I love those! What are you making out of the keys? I know it will be something beautiful!... xoxo Julie Marie

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Yummies for sure! Do enjoy them for sure.~Cheers Kim

Faded Charm said...

These are just beautiful. Amy makes the most amazing things. I love how you have displayedthem.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Kathleen

Linda Breedlove said...

Ooohhh Sandi... that was just beautiful. And so are these new treasures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a great find Sandi!! I am loving a more neutral palette too but am enjoying all the pops of color from the lovely flowers family and friends have been sending me!

Custom Comforts said...

I feel the same way Sandi. I find I am constantly drawn to new and surprising things I never noticed before. But at the same time, I feel like each new thing I fall in love with completes more and more who I am. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's kind of like I keep reinventing myself or maybe it's discovering the different parts of me. Anyways, beautiful find at the Etsy shop. Going to go check it out now.
Cindy

Crystal said...

Love everything!!! You did steal the bracelet!!!! It's A-MAZING!!!!
Love those keys too!!! Awesome deals!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful treasures you found, Sandi! Love it all!
Have a great week!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Ellen said...

you always make me smile Sandi, I just love visiting you and seeing what you are up to. Beautiful posting and beautiful finds.

xoxo,
Ellen

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Sandi,
I just found your blog through Sandy at Quill cottage. I just love it.I love all the treasures you found!
I am having a giveaway on my blog. Come visit if you have a chance.
Blessings,
Sonya