Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Paperwhites and bottle love for White Wednesday

Another week has gone by and I am still trying to figure
out where it went and how it goes so fast. I have been
playing with mod podge a lot this week, but that is for
another post.

These are my paperwhites that I purchased at Walmart.
They are the only ones who survived for me this year.
I also picked up two kits of them at Target when they
were on clearance after Christmas. One had totally dead
bulbs in it and the other was pathetic looking as well. They
are not growing and I am bummed. So glad I only paid
$2.50 instead of $10 for dead bulbs. :)

I love this towel and my shabby blue ladder.

Yes I noticed it ...I have the *cuttings* ribbon on upside
down. I have since changed it , but didn't take another
picture. lol.

I found this bottle at a thrift store and purchased it
because I loved the twisty shape of it. I paid $4 for it.
I thought that was a little steep, but then I flipped it
over and it is marked, *bottle made in France* so...
it HAS to be worth it right?? :)

I embellished it a little with ribbon and bling.

Happy White Wednesday to you a bit early.
At least I remembered this week. Never know about
next week though. :)
Blessings~

18 comments:

Irene said...

I love your paper whites, my bulbs didn't do well this year either. but I'm keeping them and sticking them in the ground when it's warm enough.

Unknown said...

still waiting for MY paperwhites to bloom (course, i never got around to "forcing them" until after the new year! :)) Yours are lovely. and HOW could you NOT buy that French bottle? Cest tres jolie! ")

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Sandi it's all so Beautiful ..I remember having Paper Whites planted all around our house when I was growing up ..takes me back to good times. I love your bottle and what a Good Price or so i think those bottles out here in Ca are much higher that is in antique malls.

I'm bad about remembering white wednesday too ..LOL!!!

Have a Great week ..Sara

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, your surviving paperwhites are so pretty!... I always heard a postage stamp placed upside down on a letter meant "I love you"... maybe a ribbon tied upside down has a special meaning too!... (or you can make one up!)... LOVE your French bottle and how you prettied it up!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Donna Reyne' said...

I love the look of paper whites! but my hubby doesn't care for the fragrance (odor, he calls it!)
So I have to place candles close to mine and this makes them die faster!
Oh well!
Yours are so...pretty!

It's me said...

Beautiful whites Sandi !!! lovely day....love Ria....xxx..

Ellen said...

Your paperwhites are stunning! I am loving all your bottles too. Aren't they just a fun, functional accessory to collect?!

xoxo,
Ellen

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Beautiful flowers & a beautiful Blog! Your blog inspired me to have mine done and have the same Lady Karen design it.I love the simple beauty of it.
I always enjoy my visits.Have a fabulous day~Cheers Kim

Angela said...

The bottle is beautiful and definitely worth it!! I love your ladder too!

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Those paperwhites....so lovely. I read where you can keep them "stunted" by changing the water once they sprout to a combination of 10% gin or vodka and the rest water. They keep their scent, but don't get so tall and floppy. I have not tried this yet myself though. I read about it at AWaytoGarden.com. LOVE your bottles, too. Thank you for the White Wednesday reminder. I want to play too and almost always forget.

Ciao for now!!

Nita Jo said...

I really love what you did with your bottles! The new twisty bottle... definitely worth the price! Beautiful!

Fishtail Cottage said...

I am attempting to grow paper whites - they are just starting to root!!! Your photo's are lovely! & those jars are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Your paper whites look beautiful, Sandi! Mine came and went weeks ago. :( That bottle's a great find, too! Love what you did with it!
Happy WW!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! All of your pretties!! I'm in love with your bottles!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Sandi! What a lovely post today! I love the way you've prettied up the bottles! And I am in love with the color of that ladder!

Have a wonderful day dear friend!!

kathi @ traybella said...

paper whites are so pretty. my kids love to watch them grow. perfect pot for them and love that ribbon too! i'm having a giveaway at my blog with my WW post...come on over and enter!
cheers!
kathi

Anonymous said...

Coolamundo bottle! I love your crinkly robbon on it, too! ♥

Faded Charm said...

Your paperwhites are so beautiful. I really miss mine....I had such good luck with them this year and had them all over the house. I can't wait until Spring and fresh flowers again.

Kathleen