Monday, November 22, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

...it's the hap-happiest season of all...
vintage pair s and p's...
$1.00
Made in Japan
score!

I am sure you have seen these adorable little birdies
before as they are appearing all over blogland.

I just think they are so cute!

I scored seven of them on my outing last week
to the city.

This was also a wonderful find at Home Goods. I have
never seen anything like this at that store before.
It is huge at 24 inches square with a feather/down
insert and is comes with a zippered cover too.
Very squishy and nice.

Just a little update...grandbaby number 7 will soon arrive. She is due in 10 days so we are anxiously awaiting Ainsley's arrival. I know she will be tiny, beautiful and precious just like her big sister Annika.

We had Thanksgiving at my parents home on Saturday evening. We feasted on turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash casserole, broccoli casserole, stuffing, salad, deviled eggs, rolls, cherry pie, coconut pie and apple pie. The food was delicious as it is every year and we had a wonderful time with family.

In case you need a quick delicious salad recipe:

Lettuce { I used a head of lettuce and a package of spring mix} 2 oranges { cut up in chunks} Craisins, {dried cranberries}, Toasted pecans Poppy seed dressing{ I used Marzetti brand} Everyone loves this salad so I took it again this year. I figure why mess with a good thing. :)

I want to wish each of you a most blessed Thanksgiving!!

10 comments:

It's me said...

What a beautiful things Sandi !!....thanks for sharing .......lovely week....warmmm hugs from me.......Ria....

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Love your find, Sandi. I want one! I love down, it would go perfect on my couch (even though there are tons of pillows on it already ;)

The name Ainsley is beautiful, perfect to go along w/Annika.

The salad sounds great. My grandma loved poppy seed dressing, that was one of her two favs. I will have to try, thanks!

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving day, dear friend. I am thankful to come here for inspiration and loveliness with you and our email chats too.
xoxo~Tracie

Julie Marie said...

Love those little birdies Sandi!... and your pillow is so pretty... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours... xoxo Julie Marie

Dorthe said...

Sandi,
the birds are so cute, wish I could find them here--and your pillow, is beautifull.
I hope the little new, will be soon here, and wishes all the best.
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

So anxious to see Ainsley ... been forEVER waiting, it seems.

You find the best stuff, Sandi ... so that we don't get burnt out on the traditional foods, we have our family gathering on the weekend. We have ham, bbq ribs & homemade pizza (I do make a great pizza) ... with lots of trimmings ... Your salad sounds deelish.

I'll give you a call this week ...
Hugs of love, Marydon

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a lovely collection you are showing today! I want one of those pillows and some birdies!!!

Irene said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Sandy, I just wanted to stop by and thank you personally for joining my blog, and your lovely comments. I had a chance to peek at your shop, as well as browse your older posts, what a wonderful place to hang out! I have become a follower recently, and I wanted to say I'll be having more giveaways each month. So by all means, stop back by when the mood strikes, thanks for the inspiration, hugs tami from the high street cottage

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

I only got 8 of those cute birds. That's going to 3 stores to find them. I think they are so cute. Like that pillow.

Fishtail Cottage said...

super sweet little birdies.....
~tracie