Friday, June 25, 2010

Small town America and a big blunder!

Remember a few days ago we had no power? What better thing to do than to roam around
Hillsdale, Michigan once again and take pictures
so that is exactly what I did!
Isn't this flower shop gorgeous!!

The downtown streets of Hillsdale are lined with these
lights and the garden club donates beautiful hanging
baskets every year.

This is Jilly Beans coffee house. It used to be
called "the gathering". I didn't even know
it had changed hands.

My hubby is in love with this shop. They just did a huge makoever...inside and out
and it is gorgeous! He just bought steaks,
tri-tip and ground chuck last week. The steaks are
huge!! He got two that I know are the size of
dinner plates and very thick. He is in *heaven*.lol.

The courthouse spire...

I love the detail...

It's beauty just takes my breath away.

This is a very beautiful upscale home decor store. I couldn't get the front of the glass because of
too many vehicles sitting along the street.

A shot of one of Hillsdale streets...if I had to live
in town...I would give this a good look.
It is a beautiful small town!

Speaking of Hillsdale...we went to a car show there
today with my youngest son and his family. However, before we got there we had pulled into a
gas station (following our son). When I went
to pull out ,the nose of my car was a
little too far out into the road and cars were
still coming. I put the car in reverse to back up a little,
but the man in the truck behind me would not budge.
SO...guess what happened???

I forgot that I had the car in reverse and when there
was finally an opening and hubby said, MASH IT ... I did!!
Right into the truck behind me!
Oh dear...not a good thing to do!! Long story short,
the man was not nice , but there was no damage so
all is well that ends well!!

Happy weekend!!

Blessings~

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear! I wonder how many times that has happened to all of us ... me for one! At least you are all fine.

Love the tour of Hillsdale ... quite appealing. Pop over today ...

I am whipped today ... think I am going to lie down.

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

stefanie said...

hahahaha...I bet he will move next time!!
what a super cute town!!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oh no on the car behind you, I can see myself doing this. Pretty shop and town, beautiful flowers on the main street light posts, a small town by me does that too, love it. Jane

Julie Marie said...

So sorry Sandi... and I am sorry the man was not nice... the town is beautiful though! xoxo Julie Marie

Betty said...

What a pretty old town. I'd love it there.

I guess if the guy wouldn't even back up for you he wasn't going to be nice when you hit him. There was no damage, so all is well that ends well.

Karen said...

Enjoyed your pictures, it has been years since I have been in Hillsdale. Sorry to hear the guy was not nice, not like you wanted to hit him!!

June said...

Oh Sandi how scary that must have been! Did you guys have a good laugh after that? This is such a charming town. I'd live there!
hugs

Vintage Sandy said...

Sandy, I love your pictures of Hillsdale...I use to live in Jackson, Mich. which isn't too far from there love small towns that's what I live in today back home in Ohio nothing quite like it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love it when a town takes pride in its appearance!

Oh dear, I've never hit anything with a car or recieved a ticket. Knock on wood! ☺ ♥

Irene said...

Why are people so not nice? Beautiful town.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Enjoyed the pics but OPPS....

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, I'm sorry about the accident. Something like that is no fun even if nothing is damaged. I'm glad everybody is o.k.
That's a lovely small town. Even though I've lived in a larger city for some years, I'm still a small town girl.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Julia

aimee said...

what a mean man. everyone needs kindness and understanding at one point in their life (in such a time). he will need it sometime. i hope he gets it, and im sure he will remember the day he was not so kind to you. im glad their was no damage.
blessings,
aimee