Monday, October 26, 2009

The Window Through Which We Look ~

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.

The next morning while they are eating breakfast,
the young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said. "She doesn't know
how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap".

Her husband looked on , but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang out her wash to dry,
the young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see
a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband,
"Look, she has learned to wash correctly.
I wonder who has taught her this".

The husband said, " I got up early this morning
and cleaned our windows".

And so it is with life.
What we see when watching others
depends on the purity of the window through
which we look.

Blessings ~

8 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

This was wonderful.......

Anonymous said...

Oh... ouch!!
I think I have been guilty of this many times even if my intentions are good.... :-(
Love,
Marilyn

Robin said...

Another fabulous post Sandi!

Anonymous said...

Another keeper! It did get me thinking that I sure wish I could get DH to wash my windows - I know- I know that was not the point! LOL

blessings
mary

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Well said, my dear!
My Best
Gale

Elena_Valeriote said...

Very interesting post... It really made me think :)

nwalker said...

Sandi,
My mom leaves the hominy out but I really like it. It reminds me of corn but just meatier(not sure that is a word) LOL..That noodle soup sounds good. Hope you enjoy the taco soup!
A friend told me tonight that she tops her taco soup with sour cream and cheese.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

OMG Sandi, I love that little lesson. Judge not that ye be not judged. That is a mighty lesson to learn. Thank you!

cindy@stitches