Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vintage Lace, Rick-Rack and Granddaughters ~

Oh my how the years have flown by
I watched her being born...(*sniff *sniff)
This is my oldest granddaughter Allysha.
She just turned 10 years old...and
She is visiting me this week.
We went to her favorite store yesterday
The Goodwill ~
This was my bargain of the day.
Old rick rack still in their original packaging
I got 20 packages in lovely pastel colors.
Some will be landing in my Etsy shop soon~
My adorable little granddaughter Keira
stopped by to see me on Sunday
*AND* Brought me this beautiful photograph
I love it!
Vintage lace runner found at a thrift store...
Isn't the lace beautiful ~
Here it is on my dresser
My dresser and mirror are the only things in my bedroom
that are not painted WHITE
*BUT* I want to do that
Someday.
Have a beautiful day today.
Blessings~

8 comments:

Sandy said...

What a sweet smile she has, so pretty! Great finds too! I have been browsing through your blog and love your vintage style. I have added you to my blog roll and linked to your blog in my post today. Thanks for sharing your treasures.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I've never find old rick rack. we have lots of old folks in these parts so I hope to find some one of these days! ♥

Barbara Jean said...

All beautiful, granddaughter, doily (of course not the same kind of beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing.

Barbara jean

blushing rose said...

What a cutie, a gorgeous smile.

Rick Rack OMG! I remember Mother using that stuff ... now collectors clamor for it.

Love your dresser & scarf.

TTFN ~Marydon

The Victorian Parlor said...

What great finds and beautiful grandchildren! I have been away from blogland for a week and missed so many great posts.

I really enjoyed your teahouse post! The food looked wonderful and the teahouse was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:). In a few days I will be posting about the teahouse we visited last week in Canton, Georgia. I just love visiting teahouses!!!

Blessings,

Kim

Lisa said...

What a great bargin! I can't wait to see what you offer!!
Hugs, Lisa
Hi to your sweet GD

Allidink said...

Aw glad you got to see them! That is a pretty runner!

All the best,
Allison

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You have a lovely blog! The table runner is so pretty and I love all that rick rack you found at the goodwill!
Michelle