Friday, May 29, 2009

I LOVE My Bicycle...Mission Accomplished

I LOVE MY BICYCLE!!! I went out in the garage this morning and it was all dry and ready for me to attach the basket. This is not a bicycle basket , but rather just a white one that I found at a garage sale for 50 cents last week. I thought I wanted a vintage bicycle basket, but I decided to make due with what I already had and I think it turned out wonderful.
I just adore her~
I just couldn't wait to post my beauty! Isn't it amazing what a little white paint and some pretty plants will do? I planted white impatiens, asparagus fern and vinca vines in my basket and it will look even better as it grows lush and full.
On another note, THE LETTERED COTTAGE is having a wonderful giveaway! Just click here to enter and here to read all about it! And also TREASURES FROM THE HEART is having a giveaway if you click here.
Enjoy your God given day today~
Blessings~

10 comments:

Marydon said...

Absolutely CLEVER idea ... may I copy you if I ever find a bicycle? This is one thing I'd love to do ...
TTFN ~Marydon

Lisa said...

Oh My gosh!!! How great!!!
Hugs, Lisa

The Victorian Parlor said...

Sandi,

What a fabulous idea! I have an old bike that is rusting away out back that I thought about using it as 'yard art' in the gardens. It never occured to me to paint it! I might have to borrow this idea myself:).

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandi!!! It is just yummy-licious!! I lLove, Love, Love it!!
Now I want my own bicycle to paint & put it in my gardens!! You have inspired me....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your darling white bike. Wish you lived nearby...I would have given you all the vinca you want. :) Bet lots will copy this beautiful idea.

June said...

Hi Sandi,
You are so right about paint. I love your bike. I'm sure it will make you smile everytime you see it with the flowers spilling over the sides later this summer.
Smiles,
June

Roeshel said...

I LOVE it!

Rachel Knoblich said...

it is so cute and charming...love it!

Journal Swag said...

LOVE your bike!

SuZeQ said...

Oh, how funny this is. When I was about 11 years old, I wanted a bicycle in the worst way. My family didn't have the funds to buy a new one so I got my aunt's old bicycle. She is 15 years older than I am and I think the bike may have been a hand-down to her, too. Seeing that it was full of rust, my father spray painted the entire (yes, the wheels, too!) bike a horrible shade of blue. I was so ashamed to ride it ... too bad he didn't paint it white. THEN I would have been proud. Hmmmmm - wonder what happened to that bike?!?