Friday, February 6, 2009

I Won...He lost ...Mixed Emotions ~

I was so excited to get up today and found out that I had won some goodies on Kay Ellens blog! It sure was a good start to a new day! I can't wait to get all these neat goodies! Thank you Kay!

It was just the bright spot I needed as my hubby came home yesterday with not so good news . He has worked in manufacturing for over 30 years and they have cut their work time down to four days starting next week. Definitely not the news we wanted to hear right now, but somehow for once I did not panic. I know God is in control and He will see us through the rough times just as he has through the good times. I also know that many people are in worse situations so I thank God for what we do have. Have a truly blessed day today ~

4 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... I posted this morning with you and hubby in mind as I read your post this morning about cut in days for your hubby... I don't care for the aging Tom and I are doing but it is good to be out of the work force and the worry about job cuts... Tom would have been layed off now if he would have still been in the work force and that is very stressful... I do know you will work with your hubby as I can tell you have respect for each other by your posting and will not be demanding things that are not going to be available for awhile... I am hoping within a few months we will see a turn a round but it will probably be a much longer battle.... I will keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers...

Anonymous said...

Sandi,
I am so happy for your winning the giveaway!

But...am so sad that this poor economy is affecting so many of my friends and their families. While it is a hard time to get through, it is so good that we have God to rely on for all of our needs...and to remind us of what is truly important. I will be praying for you and your husband!

Anonymous said...

DEAR SANDI,
I AM SO HAPPY YOU WON
I WON THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE IN MICHELLE PALMER'S GIVEAWAY...I WAS SOO EXCITED
I THINK GOD HAS A SPECIAL WAY OF REASSURING US THINGS WILL BE OKAY...
I WILL ADD YOU TO MY PRAYER LIST
BLESSINGS
debbie

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Sandi,
I know how you feel. My husband has been layed off from a job of 32 years. It wouldn't be so hard, but they have cancelled all benefits and the holiday pay that he had saved. My faith is really being tested.