Saturday, January 24, 2009

Vintage Wicker Purse Find ~

Is this the sweetest vintage purse you have ever seen ? I love it! I found it at a thrift store this weekend for a little of nothing and was thrilled! It has a label inside that is printed, " It's in the Bag Made in Japan exclusively for Ritter". This little beauty will have a special place in my home along with all my other old wicker baskets.

If you remember a few posts back I am working on my upstairs wall. Today I painted the stairway ceiling and it was a feat in itself. Not wanting to rent scaffolding and always trying to do things on the *CHEAP* I used my hubbys telescoping pole with a paintbrush duct taped to the end of it to do the edges and then I put a roller on it to do the rest. Interesting to say the least, but I did manage to get it done. Where is my 6 foot 1 inch son when I need him?? Not here that's for sure! LOL Next it will be on to painting the walls since they really need it again and then I will start the decorating process . I am pretty sure that above the mirror I want to put some *WALL WORDS* , but I am just trying to decide what saying I want.

I do hope you have a lovely weekend ! Blessings ~

6 comments:

Lady Pamela said...

Painting that area is not easy, is it! My hubby does all the painting around here, thankfully.
Very nice wicker purse.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh Sandi. Yikes with the painting.... I am not so good on a ladder anymore... Glad it is done. Amazing what we ladies can do when we make up our mind....

Unknown said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog, it is beautiful! I am in Michigan too. Are you ready for spring like me? I have had enough snow and cold! I love that purse. I have one kind of like it but it is not square. I collect millinery too.

Have a beautiful weekend!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, I have a Beautiful Blog award for you if you pop over to my blog and leave me your email. I had a purse just like that as a child. Can't wait for your after pictures of your stairway. ~Sandra~

Laurie said...

Dear Sandi,
Whate a neat little wicker purse, I love the vintage flowers on top!

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is a very cute purse and at goodwill too-even better! I *hate* painting overhead-good for you...
Rene'