Saturday, January 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home ~

Whoever coined the phrase, "Home Sweet Home" was my kind of person. I love to get away for a couple days , but I have never been a big traveler for a week or longer...I am always itching to get my feet firmly planted back on my own soil ! Our son's families and hubby and I went to my daughter's place for a few days to celebrate Christmas over the New Year holiday and we had a wonderful time. One house with 8 adults and 4 children...we bunked here and there and everywhere , but all in all had a good time. Matthew (son-in-law) fixed us amazing food! One day for breakfast we had eggs, biscuits, sausage and OJ and today we had quiche and cinnamon rolls. Last night he made the most wonderful chicken alfredo EVER!!!! I decided we just MUST keep him around! LOL We also did a little shopping and found some wonderful bargains. I took quite a few pictures and when I got home to check them out many had red glowing eyes! GRRR...must have not adjusted the red eye on my camera right. We did get a few pix of the three youngest grandchildren dressed in their little Christmas pj's...they are just all too cute! Annika and Keira (cousins) sitting on packages....how adorable is this shot....they each had received these matching shirts for Christmas gifts on other sides of their families and they are just too cute! Trying our best to get a good picture and some did not want to cooperate....LOL
Another attempt at a nice picture with wriggling , crawling babies...
Okay , I give up....hope someone else got some good pictures!
Wishing you all a lovely Saturday evening! Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting !
You have a sweet blog I will be back!!
Diane

Unknown said...

There is nothing like the feeling of home after returning from a long trip! But the food sounds wonderful and the grand kiddies...too cute!!! Even if they wiggled...hehe!