Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Decorating Slowly...

I purchased this decorative finial a few years ago and I still love it. We were visiting my son in Indiana and I saw a sign for a craft show at a large upscale home and so we followed the signs. This finial was one of my puchases. I intended to make more myself , but as a lot of things do that I have grand intentions for, it has not materialized. They had these hanging all over an "upside down" tree and it looked fantastic! I would guess it is at least 6 inches long. Love it!
Mercury glass candleholders and Christmas book....
Vintage mercury glass beaded picks and shimmery tree...
Simple white glittery pinecones....I am still looking for my old white pinecones that are attached to a vintage white ribbbon. I wonder what I did with them last year after Christmas...hmm...
This is the top of my kitchen window that is shown in the picture below. I have attached a long chippy white shutter and I decorate it different every year. You can't really tell by the pictures , but I have added a white glittery star garland and a shimmery sprig of greenery. Love the angel above as well.
I have accumulated a lot of decorations over the years and I will not be getting them all out this year. The older I get the more simple I want to decorate. I am sure part of it is the hauling everything out and putting it all back, but I like to think also that my decorating has "evolved" somewhat as well. LOL Enjoy and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Amanda Kaake said...

Everything is just gorgeous! I especially love the star in the window. I'd say your decorating is definitely evolving. Remember a time all decor was wooden, mauve and country blue. I love your current style my darling mother. It suits you and your lovely home. Now come with some goodies to my house and make it look just as splendid;)