Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Kimmel House Inn Getaway

Here are a few pictures of our getaway at the Kimmell House Inn this past Friday. ( http://www.kimmellhouseinn.com/) We had such a wonderful time and I wish I could have gotten better pictures. Most if not all of these were taken in the morning and thus the shadows on some. I will take many more pictures the next time we go! They have a full coffee shop inside the Inn along with a cute gift shop. Enjoy! There are several fountains on the property, but this one is my favorite!
Love this candleholder that is on the front porch!
There are several additional buildings on the property and I love this stone building! They also have a separate building that you can stay in called the "Summer Kitchen" that is great for honeymooners or people that want their privacy. (You can see a tiny piece of it off to the left of this picture)
Love this black iron fence and the gazebo ! If you have ever been to Shipshewana, Indiana where the world famous flea market is, that is where the gazebo came from. It was setting in front of the Blue Gate Restaurant and my cousin took it all apart piece by piece and reconstructed it back here at the Inn where it is in a perfect setting. I wish I had gotten a picture of our breakfast! We started off with pumpkin scones topped with cream and mixed fruit. Then on to Belgium waffles and bacon. All the food was wonderful, but the scones were my absolute favorite! I have to try and make some soon! Delicious!!
I love the paint technique on this wall and the old frame!
What can I say...chandeliers, chandeliers, chandeliers...and I did not get pictures of all of them. They are just lovely!

3 comments:

Sherry Williams said...

Hi Sandi! Oooohhh!!! Your pictures are glorious...I love the shadows on the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time! The pumpkin scones sound so good!!! Thanks for visiting my blog! Take care and see you soon in blogland!
hugs, Sherry

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!! Now I want to go!

Illuminated Manuscripts Workshop said...

... the Inn is Beautiful Sandi, love your pics. Checked out the website too. Right in my home state. (Headed to Indy in a couple of weeks by train of course). Looking at the pics gave me an idea perhaps for next spring to rent a car and do a little driving tour to some Indiana towns for vintage/antique shopping while I am home...

Perhaps I'll even make it to Kimmel House

thanks for sharing.

blessings,
Rosalind