Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hard Lesson Learned

I learned a hard lesson today. I went antiquing yesterday and among the items I purchased was this gorgeous vintage camisole. I washed it very carefully in the sink today after washing up a bunch of other antique laces etc., but I noticed too late that it was shrinking. I usually have pretty good luck washing up vintage linens etc, but not this time. And the thing is , it really wasn't dirty, it just had that "old" smell and I wanted to freshen it up a bit. I was very disappointed . This is what this gorgeous vintage camisole looked like before:
...and this what it looks like now :

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh, I still love it Sandi!! Can you press it with a really low temp iron? I love it just the way it is though....xxoo, Dawn

Unknown said...

Aww...I am sorry. I have done things like that as well...

But...on the bright side...it is still a stunning piece!